- This event has passed.
Columbus Cocktails & Crafts – Charity Event
December 8, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EST
The Columbus Chapter has teamed up with My Very Own Blanket for a virtual charity happy hour and blanket making event. This event is open to members and non members.
My Very Own Blanket is dedicated to warming the heart of every child in the foster care system with a blanket—giving them a feeling of comfort, security, and most of all, a SMILE, with something a simple as a blanket that they own.
Through the loving care of volunteers, thousands of blankets are donated each year to children in foster care. Each blanket is personalized with the child’s name, a tradition for “My Very Own Blanket” since 1999.
3 ways to participate:
- Order a blanket kit and put “Together Digital” in the comment field at checkout: My Very Own Blanket offers blanket kits ($10 each) that allow anyone to get involved and make a blanket in about 40 minutes. Each kit provides step-by-step instructions on how to make and personalize a “no-sew” blanket as well as all of the blanket materials prepped and ready. All you need is a pair of scissors.
Each blanket kit includes:
- Patterned fleece to make one blanket
- “No-sew” blanket instructions
- Fringe cutting template
- Special tag to send a message of love and encouragement with every blanket you donate
- Make a blanket with supplies you have: More details here- https://www.myveryownblanket.org/faq.html
- Monetary donation
Then join us on Zoom Tuesday, December 8 @ 6pm ET.
More about My Very Own Blanket: