Slack is our incredible 24/7 national online community.
Here members share ideas, network, find jobs and contractors, join Virtual Peer Circles, celebrate wins, Ask & Give, and so much more.
How Slack works
Slack is organized into topic-based channels such as #national-jobs, #salary-negotiation, #sxsw, #asks, and #detroit. We have roughly 100 channels covering almost everything you can think of. (More on channels below.)
Slack also allows private, direct messages to any other member(s), as well as calls with screen shares.
When you join Together Digital, you’ll automatically be invited to Slack via email.
Didn’t get your invite? First check spam, then make sure your email address is correct in your membership profile, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org to get that invite resent.
Questions? Hop on Slack and Ask!
Don’t forget to read our community guidelines and policies.
How to get started
- << Watch our Slack Tutorial video.
- Create your display name. We ask our members to use the same standard format – First Name Last Name (City). If you discover someone else in your city with the same name, feel free to add your middle initial.
Mary Doe (Orlando)
Mary J. Doe (Orlando)
Mary Doe (Orlando – Peer Circle Chair)
- Complete your public profile. Upload your photo and complete the additional information so other members can see who you are.
- Join your city channel. Click on “Channels” on the left tool bar and search your city name to find the channel dedicated to your city.
- Join your niche channels. Scroll through or search to find channels you’re interested in (see below).
Every member is added to these channels automatically.